Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Store Reviews

So the other day I had a little time on my hands and decided to venture into some stores on campus. Normally, I only bother with Ellie's because I just love their sunglasses but I figured I'd give the others a try. My first stop was at a new store called " Therapy".  The design of the store was very nice and it was cozy. However, there was only one sales girl and the prices were high. I do not have a problem paying top dollar for top dollar goods. However, when I looked at the labels; they did not match up with the prices. I simply hate when a boutique carries unknown brands and tries to charge an arm and a leg for them. The only thing I recognized was the Prvcy jeans. They also made a colossal mistake by putting their store a few doors down from a more established "Behind the Glass". My advice would be to either move the store or upgrade your product!!!

Behind the Glass has grown over the years. I admire how they carry everything from Seven for All Mankind to Steve Madden. Now this is a store I can shop in because I see my money going to reputable designers. Now don't get me wrong; I am okay with unknown designers but not with the prices of a known designer. They also had enough sales staff to accommodate all of their customers. The fabrics seemed good on their higher end merchandise and I dare say worth the purchase. The accessories were up to date and priced on a college student budget.

My final assessment is that I think the newer stores on the block should step it up!! You are competing with stores that have been around for years. At least offer merchandise that is not available at the store next door. I think for now, I'm going to stick with the oldies but goodies.....Behind the Glass..The Buzz.. and my personal favorite due to my love of accessories Ellie's.

No comments:

Post a Comment