Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Legging Icon and Using its Powers for Good


I would say I pull my leggings out 92 % of the time during the week. They are comfortable, versatile, and they come at all price points. I would never pair leggings with a raggedy old t-shirt because it just appears you did not try. Making a conscious effort even though you are going for a casual look is key. Try making your t-shirt have an eighties feel with an off the shoulder accent; if you just have to go with a basic t-shirt. For the sporty Stylista, I would pair them with colorful sneakers and a colorful or white tee. Since leggings scream "Eighties" to me, I encourage some drama in your ensemble. For instance, larger earrings or a chunky necklace could dress up the look. As I previously mentioned, leggings can go into most seasons and are a lifesaver if you can't bear to part with a dress you wore during the summer. As for using the powers of leggings for good, I recommend NEVER playing them up with tight shirts or anything even similiar to a bra! That's just tacky and the fashion gods would surely strict your ass down! Lol! Another good thing about leggings is no matter your shape they complete any wardrobe. As long as you pay attention to the shirt you decide to put with it; you are cool. I guess it apparent that I have a thing for leggings but anything that highlights my Jordans are a friend of mine.
*Photo Courtsey of REFUSE-TO-BE-USUAL

No comments:

Post a Comment